Student Aides assist the Site Coordinators at one of our three locations in San Mateo. These sites include: Sunnybrae Elementary, San Mateo Park Elementary (two classes), or The Unitarian Universalists Church. Student Aides must be available to work between the hours of 3:15–5 on Mon/Tues/Thurs. Wednesdays are optional as the hours are 1–3.
We are looking for students with the skills and abilities to:
- Provide homework assistance for 3rd–5th graders.
- Assist with snack time: Prepare, serve, and clean up after student snack time.
- Model good work habits and a positive attitude.
- Communicate clearly with children and adults.
- Act responsibly and respectfully to other aides and tutors.
- Provide translation assistance: If you speak a second language we may need your help with translating.
- Refrain from cell phone use during paid hours unless it’s an emergency.
- Assist students with the use of Chromebooks for educational purposes.
- Complete weekly time sheets.
- Respond to all Homework Central email messages.
- Complete other tasks as requested by the Site Coordinator.
The hourly rate is $12.00 (non-profit minimum wage rate). Employment with Homework Central is available between September and May of each school year.
Homework Central (HWC) is a community-based, educational nonprofit that provides after school tutoring to students who are mostly English language learners, and provides support to their families.
The organization has helped countless San Mateo elementary children become successful students in school for over 18 years. Our goal is to create a community of life-long learners.